Dan is a father and local teacher. He started his health and fitness journey on his own with P90X, Orange Theory, and was referred to RADD CrossFit by his brother in law. Since beginning with RADD he has been held accountable to his workouts and attendance, learning and implementing up to date nutrition tips and education, and mastering the skills needed to be successful in a CrossFit group class.
Hear what Dan has to say about his journey:
During our Consultation process we learn a few things about our potential clients:
Most importantly, they know that IF THIS DOES NOT CHANGE IT WILL LEAD TO…
One thing we hear from people is that they have to get in shape to get started with RADD CrossFit. This is the opposite of what is true. Although coach Diana DID NOT grow up as an athlete or play sports, she explains that should not hold you back from accomplishing things you’ve never done.
Hear what coach Diana has to say about her journey:
Rob and Dan had an active lifestyle growing up, but nutrition was not easy. A bad diet was easier to follow since it was more available and easier to afford. We each gained over 60 pounds before we realized that things needed to change.
We knew we had to share our success. We began our journey serving clients from the backyard of our mother’s home in the Spring of 2012. The three of us teamed up to form RADD which is an acronym using our initials, Rob, Dan & Diana. We built a solid following in the backyard until it was time to open a CrossFit near Glen Cove, New York.
We opened RADD CrossFit NSLI in 2012 to guide the Sea Cliff, Glen Head, and Glen Cove area to lose weight, keep it off, and learn how to make their health a priority. We evolved our program to include Personal Training, CrossFit Group Classes, Nutrition Coaching, and most importantly a superior level of care for each member.
During the past 9+ years we have served over 1,000 clients and helped them not only to lose weight and keep it off, but learn healthy habits in and outside of the gym.
Our mission is to continue to EMPOWER our members to be proactive and improve their metabolic health.
NO! You do not need to get in shape first. All you need is a goal to start making your health and wellness a priority. Most people consider doing CrossFit for a long time before they actually start and when they do they wish they started sooner.
Have you ever hired a Personal Trainer only to find out that you’re paying $100/hour for them to count your reps? What about a Nutritionist? Have you ever subscribed to a Workout or Nutrition app? Add all of that up and you’re spending a lot per month on Fitness and Nutrition. We offer all of this for way less!
NO WAY JOSE! We take our time teaching you how to move properly with coaching and functional movements. Functional movements are movements that are safe and that we do every day such as sitting down, standing up, push, pull, etc. With us you will learn how to squat, press, deadlift, and much more!
The CrossFit Games make up about 10% of what CrossFit actually is. The other 90% is people who want to improve the quality of their life with cool people. You don’t have to walk on your hands and lift 500lbs to do that. Our goal is to give you a challenging workout that will help you get fitter and keep you coming back.
Our Unlimited Membership includes every service we offer to help you become successful. This includes CrossFit Group Class Coaching, CrossFit Workout Programming, Workout Tracking App, Nutrition Coaching, Meal Plan, Nutrition Tracking App, & much more.